Saturday, September 3, 2016

Corwin, C.R. Morgue Mama: the Cross Kisses Back (Scottsdale, AZ: Poisoned Pen Press, 2003) 230 p.
 -------. Dig (Scottsdale, AZ: Poisoned Pen Press, 2005) 236 p.
 -------. The Unraveling of Violeta Bell: a Morgue Mama Mystery (Scottsdale, AZ: Poisoned Pen Press, 2008) 230 p.
Dolly Madison Sprowls has been head librarian of the Hannawa Herald-Union for thirty-four years. Even though the newspaper's morgue has digitized Maddy still uses scissors and a felt pen.

For one thing, I refuse to use my computer for anything more complicated than reading my email or ordering clothes from Chadwick's or Lands' End. I leave all the real computer work to my assistant, Eric Chen. Keyboard-wise he's a genius. Life-wise he's a Class A doofus.
Another thing I refuse to do is retire. I know I'm a royal pain in the ass around here, but there's no way in hell the morgue could function without me. And there's no way I could function without the morgue. So I stay on, one birthday cake shy of seventy, making everyone's life just as miserable as I can. (p. 2-3).


Feisty old Maddy likes to figure out mysteries and sometimes she gets Eric to do some online research for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment